It is quite common for us to get asked storage tips, so here is a wee list we have put together to help you store your stuff successfully!
- Don’t store anything that is wet or perishable
- Metal items need to be clean and dry
- Whiteware appliances with sealing doors, such as fridges and freezers, should be stored with the door slightly ajar
- All electrical equipment needs to be dry and thoroughly cleaned
- Choose the right storage unit
- Use uniform box sizes
- Take an inventory of items stored so you can refer back
- Take everything apart
- Wrap fragile items in newspaper and make sure to label the box as holding fragile items
- Pack categorically
- Stack based on fragility i.e don’t stack your crystal at the bottom of the pile!
- Store based on accessibility – what might you want to get at in a hurry?
Give us a call to ask about our range of storage items or click here to view the options available.