In our blogs, we like to cover off questions that we are commonly asked in the hope that the information we supply is useful.
A number of our clients raise questions about self-storage insurance.
There are three options open to you.
- Advise your current insurer of the whereabouts of your items. It is generally a condition of any policy to know the situation of risk, and your insurer will be able to advise you of your cover. The conditions imposed differ from insurance company to insurance company.
Please feel free to refer to the My Storage website for information on our security measures.
- Arrange new cover. A broker may be the best source for this.
- Self-insure. This means that you are prepared to take the risk yourself. A number of clients choose this option as they feel the risk of any damage or theft is very low.
My Storage does not have the resources to offer cover.
In the 25 years that Adrian has owned My Storage, we are proud to be able to say that there has never been a single theft nor damage to property caused by weather events. This was particularly important in the huge floods that hit both Richmond and Nelson last August.
When speaking to your insurer, this would be a good fact to raise, as there is a heightened awareness in our community in respect of flooding nowadays.
We have previously touched on our enhanced security measures:
- 24/7 TV
- Electronic gate
- Beams at night of which security is called if one is ever broken.
- Some units have individual alarms.
- Fully fenced.
The risk is extremely low when storing items.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries you may have or call in to My Storage, 68 Gladstone Rd, Richmond, Nelson, 9 am to 2 pm weekdays.