My Storage recently supported the visit to Nelson of the Great Kiwi Circus.
We enjoy supporting our local community.
This month we would like to cover a question we are often asked about how to pack up your home and your unit.
The process of packing your gear is not always fun. Once you have completed your shift and moved into your new home, then it is fun!
Here at My Storage in Richmond we understand this and will help you along the way. We would like to give you a few basic tips.
- Purge as many items as you can. It never fails to intrigue us as to how many clients empty their storage units and then realise they have forgotten they even owned a certain item and have not needed it
- Start packing as soon as you can. The more items you pack and the more boxes you fill will reduce work loads closer to moving date.
- Get boxes from supermarkets. These are usually free. Removal firms may supply boxes.
- Book a good mover in advance. Don’t ring them a week before. Movers in Richmond and Nelson are generally very good but are busy.
- Book your storage unit in advance. (Preferably My Storage!)
- Put towels on the bottom of boxes. These even the load and are more likely to prevent the box breaking. Heavier items on the bottom.
- Label boxes as to what room they are going into.
- Fill empty spaces in boxes with soft items eg. Clothing.
- When packing your storage unit, put items you know you won’t need at the back. Leave an aisle if you can. Bikes take up a lot of room.
My Storage, Richmond. 03 5444 393